Today I feel very fortunate to be celebrating my 2 1/2 year anniversary with my incredible boyfriend, Goose. He is not only my best friend but also the love of my life. Every month I try to cook something special to show him how much I care, and this month I decided to cook Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with M&Ms (after his suggestion of something peanut buttery)
I almost feel like it’s cheating to give him so simple, but the delicious combination of peanut butter and chocolate make these cookies addictively delectable without having to do any baking magic.
1 bowl + 2 types of chocoalte + 6 other ingredients = pure deliciousness
These cookies take a mere 10 minutes plus 12 minutes of cooking time so you could make them while watching the Golden Globes tonight without missing much.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with M&Ms
adapted from Divine Baking http://www.divine-baking.com/2011/04/best-peanut-butter-cookie-ever.html
- 1 cup all natural, smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup m&ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined
- Use hands to shape the cookie dough into 1 tbs size balls, and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- When cookies are firm enough to transfer, allow them to finish cooling on racks
These cookies are so easy that you don’t have any excuse to mkae them. They are the perfect thing to bake with your family tomorrow when eveyone has a day off for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
How are you spending your Monday off sweet readers?