Coming back from a relaxing two weeks of break has had some of ym loved ones down, so I decided to bake a batch of these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins to brighten up the morning.
These super moist and delicious muffins are as healthy as they are yummy, with antioxidant-rich dark chocolate chips, fiber-licious oats, and protein-full greek yogurt, and vitamin C-packed pumpkin.
The muffins take just a few minutes to whip up with this easy, one-bowl recipe.
I know that Valentine’s day is over a month away, but when I saw these cute heart-covered cupcake liners at the store, I just had to buy them. Besides, hearts are a good way to show people you love them year round…right?
So if you have a little free time on your hands, whip up these muffins for an easy weekday breakfast, an afternoon snack, or a healthy dessert. If they aren’t gobbled up immediately, they are great to freeze too!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (regular or nonfat)
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1 tbs milk
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, oats, brown sugar baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger) in a bowl and stir
- Add in all wet ingredients (pumpkin, yogurt, eggs, and milk), and stir until just combined
- Add in chocolate chips and stir gently
- Spoon in muffin batter until the liner is about 3/4 full
- Bake muffins for 15-18 minutes, then allow them to cool
- Add nuts, cranberries, dried cherries, cocoa nibs, or pumpkin seeds in place of or in addition to the chocolate chips
- Swap out the brown sugar for 1/2 cup cucanat or 1/4 cup honey + 1-2 tbs molasses
- Use 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice in place of the cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger
- Add almond milk instead of milk and flax eggs in place of the regular eggs to make it vegan
Namaste my lovely readers!