I have a confession, I actually made this back in March. I know it’s unfair of me to withhold something so delicious from you for an entire month, but I knew that I should keep a trick or two up my sleeve for when real life interferes with the time that I ‘d ideally spend baking. This recipe is so easy however, that you can whip it up whenever you have just ten minutes of down time.
This is the perfect recipe to make as a cheap homemade gift, as an easy swap for heavily name brand fluff, as a delicious ice cream topping for when you’re craving a sundae but are running out of toppings, or as a delicious ingredient for other delicious recipes (hint hint…expect to see a recipe made with this soon).
I made just half of the recipe, and still had more fluff than I knew what to do with. You can, however, make the entire recipe and freeze it or refrigerate it for up to a week if you like. Good luck keeping the mouth watering fluff around for even that long though!
Fluffy Marshmallow Cream
Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 quarts
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups light corn syrup (you may substitute honey or maple syrup, but you will be able to taste the difference)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Add a few tablespoons of cocoa powder or coffee granules to make flavored fluff.
- In the bowl of a mixmaster combine egg whites, corn syrup and salt. Beat it on high speed for 10 minutes, or until thick.
- Add in the powdered sugar and beat on low speed until blended.
- Beat in vanilla until blended.
- Use it on sandwiches, in hot cocoa, on top of berries, as a filling, or simply eat it with a spoon! Save the remaining fluff in glass jars.
To give it as a gift, follow the steps below: